I belong to a CSA, and at certain times of the year I get a lot of Swiss Chard and Kale. So much, in fact, that I have begun trying soup recipes to use it up faster. This is a quick soup that is quite delicious and easy. It takes about 10 minutes to make.
Easy and delicious Swiss chard and kale soup
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas
- 4 cups prechopped kale and/or Swiss Chard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- add lentils if desired to the mix, and ginger
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
2. While onions cook, pour broth into a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH for 3 minutes. Add hot broth and chickpeas to pan; bring to a boil. Stir in kale and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook over medium heat 6 minutes. Sprinkle with cracked pepper, if desired.
Side note: I like to grind up the ingredients a little, but it is fine without grinding.