This knitted cowl stands out thanks to the Kreinik metallic Twist, a soft 3-ply metallic. Yes — it's a soft metallic thread! It dresses up any yarn and makes your project look more elegant.
CO – Cast On
K – Knit
P – Purl
RS – Right Side
Sl – Slip
WS – Wrong side
Approximately 25 inches circumference and 10 inches deep.
- Tahki Yarns Mesa (100% Superwash Merino; 50g=98yards) in Color # 07 Sunset – 3 Skeins
- Kreinik Twist (65% Cupro / 35% Polyester; 250yds) in Color #031 Berry – 1 Cone
- Size 9 (5.5 mm) Knitting Needles or size needed for gauge
- Stitch Markers (optional for marking edge of cowl)
- Cable Needle
- Yarn needle
28 st in pattern and 36 rows = 4 inches
- Cowl is worked holding one strand of yarn and one strand of Twist together through out.
- Be sure to end on row to allow Kitchener stitch to correctly graft ends together for a seamless join.
Using a Provisional Crochet Cast On, CO 68 st.
Row 1 (and all ws/odd rows): K5, p4, (k2, p4) nine times, k5.
Row 2 (rs): K3, p2, (k4, p2) 10 times, k3.
Row 4: K3, p2, (sl next 2 st to cable needle and hold in back; k2, then k2 from cable needle, p2) 10 times, k3.
Row 6: K3, p2, (k4, p2) 10 times, k3.
Row 8: K3, p2, (k4, p2) 10 times, k3.
Repeat rows 1-8 until cowl measures 25 inches, ending with row 7.
Remove provisional cast on and graft beginning and end with Kitchener stitch. Be sure to work your Kitchener correctly for knits and purls.