>> Monday, October 24, 2011 – Recipes
- 1 lb. Lamb shoulder cubed
- 4 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 16 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. can tomato paste
- 16 oz. can garbonzo beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium onions diced
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 5 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 large potato diced into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 3 cups water
- 2 green peppers chopped/diced
- 2 Hungarian peppers chopped (optional) diced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- In a large pan heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Before searing the cubed lamb, flavor the oil with coriander and 1 clove of minced garlic. This flavoring give the lamb a pleasing taste.
- Sear the lamb until lightly brown, then remove.
- In a large pot add 3 tbsp. of olive oil and saute the onions, mushrooms and peppers. Add remaining cloves of garlic. When all is nicely sauteed, add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste and water.
- Add all of the spices, garbonzo beans, peas, meat and potatoes. Cover and simmer for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Cool and place in the refrigerator for the 24 hours, heat and server over rice.
Serve with 3 cups of rice. My favorite is Basmati rice. It has great aroma.