Kreinik's new metallic carry-along fiber is the world's softest sparkle. Add this 3-ply yarn to your crochet and knitting projects to make any design more interesting. Take a look at our before and after photo; just the simple addition of the metallic makes your base yarn more vibrant, with more texture, giving a touch of light and a spark of "special." It elevates projects like a shawl, scarf, hat, or sweater from drab to beautiful. And the best quality about the new Kreinik Twist™? You get the added "spice" without adding weight or scratchiness.
Available in the prettiest range of introductory colors, the lightweight metallic is hand and machine washable, and dry cleanable. Our designers found that it works best with lace-, sock-, or light-weight yarns, but feel free to experiment with it using any yarn in your stash. Even an ugly yarn can be transformed with a little metallic.
Made in West Virginia, the new Kreinik Twist comes on 250-meter cones. It is available in Silver, Gold, Black, Chartreuse (Lime), Teal, Berry (Purple/Pink), Brown, and Red/Orange. Don't let the plain color names fool you; these are gorgeous shades that coordinate with every yarn. On the cone they look vibrant and bold, but when used as a carry-along, they add color without being glaring or glitzy, offering subtle effects. If you think metallics aren't for you because they are too blingy, this is the metallic to try now. You will be amazed at the softness and quiet elegance it adds. We're not just saying that; we've knitted and crocheted with it and amazed ourselves. This is a fun new yarn that will do wonders for your designs. The next time you are stitching a project and think "Something's missing…" this could be the solution.
The new Kreinik Twist™ debuted at the TNNA Columbus needle arts trade show June 22-24, 2013. Look for it in stores soon, or from you favorite online thread resources. You can also find it at http://www.kreinik.com/shops/
- Name: Kreinik Twist
- Description: Soft, lightweight, decorative, metallic, carry-along thread for adding visual interest to projects
- Fiber Content: 65% polyester 35% rayon
- Yarn Weight: Lace weight, Carrying weight, 3-ply
- Use with: Lace-, sock-, or light-weight yarn Knitting Gauge: Carrying weight (use the weight of the lace/sock weight yarn to make gauge calculations)
- Needle size: Refer to the lace/sock weight yarn to determine size
- Hook size: Refer to the lace/sock weight yarn to determine size
- Yards: 250-meter cone
- Put Up: cone
- Colors: Silver, Gold, Black, Chartreuse (Lime), Teal, Berry (Purple/Pink), Brown, and Red/Orange.
- Care: Hand and machine washable, dry cleanable. Tumble dry on low or hang to dry.
- Video: Click here to see our Twist Video