Take a look at the beautiful new Bullas Bunnies quilt pattern by Nan Baker to see one fun story come to life. Nan collaborated with Will Bullas to adapt his artwork to fabric, and the result is a "hare-em" of storybook rabbits ready to bring spring cheer to your home, a baby's room, a hospital corridor, or any place in need of smile. You can buy the pattern through www.purrfectspots.com.
Nan chose spring-colored Hoffman fabrics with neutral patterns so that the bunnies would take the focus. The cobalt blue squares add a vibrant pop of color while giving a perfect contrast to the white bunnies. Appliqued carrots are popping up throughout, just like in a real garden. But the best part, the mischievous, curious, charming, and sweet personalities of each appliqued rabbit or chick, is created with the thread embellishment. Nan used Kreinik metallic embroidery threads and iron-on threads to create the details on each face. They are used in simple embroidery stitches, but the effect completes the story to top off the fun theme. The soft metallic thread gives the sparkle in the eye that makes you see personality behind each bunny and chick. The threads complete the story, and it's all so cute and fun.
To get the pattern for Nan Baker's Bullas Bunnies quilt, go to www.purrfectspots.com. The pattern is also available through The Pattern Peddlers and www.QuiltWoman.com. To get the threads, go to www.kreinik.com.
Here is what you will need:
- Kreinik Very Fine #4 Braid in colors 154V, 032, 005
- Kreinik Fine #8 Braid in colors 193, 021HL, 024
- Kreinik Blending Filament in color 100
- Kreinik Tapestry #12 Braid in color 003
- Kreinik 1/8" Iron-on Ribbon in colors 6210, 6100, 6010, 6350, 6200
- Kreinik Medium #16 Iron-on Braid in color 6090
- Kreinik Small Adhesive Press Cloth (use with a mini craft iron to adhere the iron-on threads