You can recreate the fuzzy factor of true life objects with Kreinik's Micro Ice Chenille in your favorite hobby: needlepoint, cross stitch, embroidery, fly fishing, crochet, knitting, weaving. It adds whimsy, dimension, texture, and just plain visual interest to a design. The line includes basic shades like black, pearl, peacock, green, pink, yellow and more. We just added four colors—and three are going to be perfect for your next Christmas Project.
What are the new colors?
What is Micro Ice Chenille and where can you use it?
- it's a fuzzy metallic
- use for buggers, and bodies in fly fishing
- couch in needlepoint, cross stitch, quilting, crazy quilting for surface embroidery (couch it with a Kreinik Cord or Very Fine #4 Braid, rather than stitch in and out)
- combine it with any other fiber for cording and trims on stockings, ornaments, etc
- crochet little accessories and appliques (wreaths, flowers)
- use it in duplicate stitch in knitting (like a spider!)
Where can you get it?
- Buy spools of Micro Ice Chenille from your favorite needlework store or here: http://www.kreinik.com/shops/Micro-ice-Chenille-3m.html
- Buy cones via special order from your favorite store or here: http://www.kreinik.com/shops/Micro-ice-Chenille-50m-Cone.html
- How to Use Chenille free tip/idea sheet:
- How to Use Chenille video (an oldie but a goodie)
- Black Widow Choker knitted project by LMB Designs
- Green Butt Skunk, free fly fishing pattern
- Micro Ice Woolly Bugger, free fly fishing pattern
- The Kreinik Metallic Color Card includes a Chenille panel, showing all colors in the line: